The natural response to believing and belonging is then to become the hands and feet of Jesus in our world. Here are of few of the
ongoing opportunities to serve!
The Lord's Diner Central and Broadway
5:15 pm 3rd Sat
Riverside volunteers have been serving since The Lord's Diner started making and serving meals to the homeless and needy of the community
in 2002. Participation in this requires a state Food Handler's license, but this is easily obtained through a simple class.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
2:00 pm Last Sat
Knitting and crocheting enthusiasts put their flying fingers to good work sharing prayer
shawls, hats and scarves for the homeless, and baby blankets for the hospitals and Children’s Home. Learn to knit or to make a hat on a simple loom.
Open Door Food Pantry
Bring pantry staples such as tuna, peanut butter, macaroni & cheese, cereal, canned goods
and other basic food items to the church's food "closet" at the back of the sanctuary. Food is delivered to the United Methodist Open Door Food Pantry on a monthly basis.
- Fleece Blankets for local agencies
- Christmas gifts for families of youth attending Riverside Elementary School
- Evening meal and breakfast for the Overflow Homeless Shelter
- Blessing Bags and Filling the Gap with Partners for Wichita
- Church World Service Health and Hygiene Kits, School Bags and Clean Up Buckets
Periodically, our youth and adults “Get Dirty for Jesus” with past trips to Joplin, Greensburg, South Texas, Branson for storm clean